THE BASIC PIECES: The building blocks of your wardrobe, timeless in silhouette and in a neutral color as they are supposed to last – like a great pair of black pants, a crisp white shirt, black or nude pumps or ballet flats.
- Buy your staple items in as good quality as you can afford in:
- Your chosen neutral colors
- The most classic silhouette for your Core style type
- The best quality (fabric, stitching, buttons) so they will last several years
- Once you find something you love that fits great in a neutral color, if you can afford it, get doubles. Store one away to have when the first grows too worn or if you lose it!